It’s been a while since I have actually blogged. I am now an Indian Student studying in the US. And the rupee is just depreciating day by day and I am stressed. I just decided to sit down relax and write a post today. I live in a University town. There’s nothing but a Walmart and Kroger and CVS here. So yess…. Most of the products that I have bought are from Walmart. I bought a few necessities that I would need here. As an “Indian Student”, I am on a tighter budget. If you are a student like me who’s on a budget, do read down to see how much I spent on buying these products and if its worth or not……
- Tresemme Healthy Volume Conditioner $2.48 – The shampoo and conditioner were on discount and this conditioner does a fairly good job. This huge bottle is going to last me for months.
- Tresemme Healthy Volume Shampoo $2.48 from Walmart – This is a good shampoo nothing extraordinary. It does add volume to my fine hair. I feel the need to use a conditioner.
- Body Essence Tea Tree Oil Body Wash $3.47 – I like the fragrance of this body wash. I bought it just because it says ‘with tea tree oil’. This body wash doesn’t lather much. It cleanses the skin well without drying it. I like it and I may repurchase this in future. I have transferred a huge chunk of this to a travel size bottle. That’s why the quantity is lesser.
- Equate Oil Free Acne Wash $4.97 – This is a dupe of the Neutrogena acne free face wash. I have tried Neutrogena acne free face wash back in India but this dupe stings my eyes very badly. Otherwise it’s a good face wash for oily skin. It leaves the skin supple without drying out the skin.
- Equate Gentle Skin Cleanser $6.47 – This is a dupe of the Cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser. I like this product a lot. I have used Cetaphil cleansers in India and it would leave my skin oily. But Equate cleanser is an excellent product and it is going to be my staple for the coming winters.
- Equate Antiseptic Mouth Rinse $1.97 – This is a dupe of Listerine mouth rinse. Listerine and this one are similar products. I would buy Equate in future as it is a lot cheaper than Listerine.
- Suave Fresh Invisible Solid $2.94 – This is a decent roll on. It hasn’t darkened my skin or any such bad thing.
- Neutrogena Oil-Eliminating Astringent $4.97 – This product was recommended by my boyfriend. He has an oily skin too. I must say that I am in love with this product. The smell of the astringent is really strong but it doesn’t sting your face or doesn’t dry out your skin extremely. It has shrunk my pores to a great extent and helps control the oiliness for a very long time.
- Eucerin Smoothing Repair Dry Skin Lotion (Night) $5.97 – Bought this from CVS but may be a lot cheaper in Walmart. This is one good product to try if you haven’t yet. It is supposed to be used in the night and I feel using this has improved my skin’s texture a lot. There are 5 variants, each differs in terms of its moisturizing properties. I may buy this or even try a heavier one.
- Essence of Beauty Body Mist $2.97 – This is a decent body mist. I bought it as I had a coupon from CVS. Not too strong and doesn’t last long either. I would totally buy the Bath & Body’s mists.
- Aveeno moisturizing lotion (Day) $3.97 – This lotion has a very woody fragrance not bad as such but it’s not on the good side either. It is a good moisturizer for oily skinned ladies. I don’t think I am gonna buy this again.
- Equate nail polish remover original $0.97 – I quite like this nail polish remover. It removes the polish quickly. Doesn’t leave a white cast on the nails nor does it smell of any strong acetone. It has been transferred to a pump bottle as the original one had a wide mouth that spilled the product (only thing I hated bout the product)
- Vaseline Cocoa Butter deep conditioning body lotion $2.94 (10 fl oz) – This smells heavenly of cocoa and is very moisturizing as compared to the original one. I will repurchase this one for sure.
- Equate Cocoa butter conditioning body lotion $3.42 (24.5 fl oz) – This is a dupe of Vaseline Cocoa butter but I am not much impressed with this product. It is not as moisturizing as the Vaseline one.
P.S.: I have been fascinated with Equate products coz they are cheaper and they mimic the products like Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Vaseline etc. They are dupes of the original products as they have the exact same ingredient list.
All of these are huge sized bottles. I bought most of these when I just arrived. It has been 75 days since I have been here and have used up only one third or less. I have spent a total of $49.99 and they are gonna last me for a long long time. J J J Most of these products can be used during the winters as well…