With not many promising skincare brands in India, The Body Shop comes across as one of the most Body shop launched in India in India in June 2006 and currently has 115 stores in India. It will soon expand to 150 by 2015. The most interesting fact about The Body Shop is that it’s a cruelty free brand and it has launched and supported over 10 causes in the past 8 years.
1. Stop Violence in theHome(SVITH),
2. Get lippy – HIV AIDSAwareness withMTV,
3. Say yes to safe sex – HIV AIDSAwareness withMTV,
4. Be anActivist – HIV AIDS awareness with UN.
5. Stop Sex Trafficking,
6. Cruelty-free campaign calling for the ban on animal testing in cosmetic industry,
7. S.H.E – support her education,
8. Aasha activity – employee volunteering program,
9. Protecting the planet – celebrating earth day andworld environment day every year,
10. The Body Shop foundation – fund raising campaign – where we support local NGOs through net profits of our products like dragon fruit lip butter, bag for life etc.
Body Shop recently launched ‘Jacqueline Fernandez’ as their brand ambassador. Jacqueline, exemplifies natural beauty with her commitment towards charity organizations and campaigns for education, human rights and animal cruelty free causes. The Body Shop® India announced recently that ‘Jacqueline Fernandez’ will be representing its range of naturally inspired and ethically produced cosmetics products as its new brand ambassador.
Below are some pictures from the launch. Jacqueline looked perfect in that crop top and the well fitted skirt.
Disclaimer: Info sent by PR.
I never post any PR info or product reviews unless I find the brand interesting.